Dear DMC,

I am excited to announce Alaska Wrangell Mountains Field Studies, an interdisciplinary summer learning expedition for college students in Wrangell-St. Elias National Park & Preserve. We are seeking a Faculty Instructor and a Backcountry Instructor (see enclosures) to help lead one and three-week backpacking research trips interspersed with off-grid living in the remote park gateway community of McCarthy, Alaska. The field studies is accredited through The Evergreen State College and hosted by Wrangell Mountains Center. Students receive 16 transferrable college credits in areas such as natural history, anthropology, and geology. Students do not need previous wilderness or backpacking experience.

See our website for more information: http://wrangells.org/fieldstudies

Inline image 1

--
Aliette Frank, PhD