To ensure that this newsletter is delivered to your inbox, add

Logo
Graduate Studies Listserv:
In this Newsletter:

DCAL's Learning Community for Future Faculty - Considering a postdoc? | Becoming Faculty Series - Research Impact | EQUAL
OPPORTUNITY
PEACEKEEPING
Women, Peace, and Security in Post-Conflict States
| The University of Bonn would like to invite graduate and postgraduate students from your university to a Summer School on Intellectual Property in Bonn.
| Grad Student Communications Coordinator | Graduate Research Assistant Position Now Hiring! Jobnet # 14313 | Subscription Details
DCAL's Learning Community for Future Faculty - Considering a postdoc?

In February's LCFF, current Dartmouth Postdocs from a variety of fields will have an open dialogue panel discussion about how they landed their postdoctoral position, their experiences as a Postdoc and future career goals. Panelists include postdocs from: the Dartmouth Center for the Advancement of Learning, Molecular and Systems Biology, Psychiatry, Geography and more!! Discussion will also include explanations of different types of postdoctoral positions and some strategies to find positions.

In order to cultivate a community focused on teaching and learning amongst graduate students and postdocs, DCAL has established a Learning Community for Future Faculty (LCFF). The focus of this group is to share the rewards and challenges of college teaching, while digging a bit deeper into best practices and techniques for teaching. The LCFF meets monthly on the 2nd Monday of the month.
Date:
Monday, February 13, 2017
Time:
12:00pm - 1:30pm
Location:
DCAL, 102 Baker Library
Campus:
DCAL
Categories:
DCAL
http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event/2697933

Becoming Faculty Series - Research Impact

Research Impact: Enhance the Visibility and Impact of Your Work

lunch provided

How do you maximize your research impact as a new faculty? Join us to learn how to establish and monitor your scholarly presence, utilize strategies for optimizing dissemination and discoverability, and how to track the impact of your work.

This workshop will be presented by Lora Leligdon, Physical Sciences Librarian, and Pamela Bagley, Biomedical Research and Education Librarian.

Date:
Friday, February 17, 2017
Time:
12:00pm - 1:30pm
Location:
Campus:
Graduate Studies
http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event/2897465

EQUAL
OPPORTUNITY
PEACEKEEPING
Women, Peace, and Security in Post-Conflict States

Book Talk with co-author Sabrina Karim and Special Guest Karin Landgren
EQUAL
OPPORTUNITY
PEACEKEEPING
Women, Peace, and Security in Post-Conflict States
SABRINA KARIM, Assistant Professor of Government, Cornell,
and U.S. Foreign Policy and International Security Fellow, Dartmouth
KARIN LANDGREN, Special Representative of the Secretary-General, peacekeeping missions; UNMIL (Liberia), BNUB (Burundi) and UNMIN (Nepal). In 2014, she led UNMIL’s support to the Ebola response in Liberia.

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2017 4:30PM | 041 HALDEMAN CENTER

Authors, Sabrina Karim and Kyle Beardsley, Kyle is an Associate Professor
of Political Science at Duke University.
Lecture supported by The Dickey Center for International Understanding. Free and open to all.

The University of Bonn would like to invite graduate and postgraduate students from your university to a Summer School on Intellectual Property in Bonn.

Dear Sir or Madam,

The University of Bonn would like to invite graduate and postgraduate students from your university to a Summer School on Intellectual Property in Bonn.

The Summer School addresses graduate and postgraduate students from any field of study. It will take place from July 31 to August 11, 2017. The program is conducted in English.

We would appreciate it if you could provide your students with information about the Summer School.

We also took the liberty of attaching a flyer with basic information about the Summer School as well as a Summer School poster.

If you should be interested in printed information material, we will gladly send you flyers and/or posters via mail. Please contact us in case you would like to obtain printed material.

Please feel free to visit the website of the Summer School on Intellectual Property: www.ipsummerschool.uni-bonn.de . The website will provide detailed information about the program.

Grad Student Communications Coordinator

GRAD Student Communications Coordinator
Job description

Category: Part-time (15-18 hrs a week)
Pay Rate: $13.00 per hour
Department: School of Graduate & Advanced Studies
Reports to: Assistant Dean of Graduate Student Affairs, Kerry Landers

Position Description:
The Communications Coordinator is tasked with photo and video production, and helping with maintaining all social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, & Flickr) for the School of Graduate & Advanced Studies.

Key Accountabilities:
I. Conducts interviews of various students, faculty, and administrators for informational.
II. Works closely with the Communications & Outreach Coordinator, to plan, analyze, and grow media presence for the GRAD School.
III. Takes photos and videos of Dartmouth College campus— photos to be uploaded to the GRAD School Flickr account, and video used when appropriate. These photos will also be used for the entry-way digital slideshow.
IV. Connects with the Graduate Student Council to photograph and document various student events taking place throughout the year.
V. Attends Dartmouth’s monthly/bimonthly Social Media Workgroup meeting
VI. Attends some GSC Meetings to stay current of upcoming events
VII. Touch base and coordinate with GSC Communications Chair and WebTeam for publicizing upcoming graduate student events and activities
a. 2016-17 Communications Chair

Miscellaneous:
I. Performs other administrative duties as assigned
II. Weekend/evening work is often necessary, specifically at certain times of the year

Qualifications:
Skills and knowledge
Must be a current social media user and knowledgeable in platforms we use or willing to learn
Willingness to learn tracking social media analytics and metrics in order to grow online presence
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Familiarity with video and photography editing software such as Final Cut Pro and Adobe Creative Suite
VI. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to motivate and work effectively with groups and individuals
VII. Ability to organize, coordinate, and manage multiple projects simultaneously

Education
I. BA/BS

To Apply:
If you are interested in the position, please send a resume, cover letter, and a list of three references to [log in to unmask] Please note, the Communications Coordinator must be an enrolled graduate student in good academic standing at Dartmouth, possessing strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and a high level of personal and intellectual maturity. Graduate students on full stipend may not apply. This is a one-year position with potential to renew in June.

Graduate Research Assistant Position Now Hiring! Jobnet # 14313

Graduate Research Assistant Position Now Hiring! Jobnet # 14313
Department: Institute for Writing and Rhetoric Term: Winter / Spring 2017
Job Description:
Need graduate research assistant available to work winter-spring 2017, with possibility of continuing through summer 2017 if work is satisfactory.
Duties:
Assist professors in the Institute for Writing and Rhetoric with ongoing research and assessment projects. Sample research activities might include data entry from surveys and other sources, performing statistical analysis of data, detail-oriented library research (looking up citations, obtaining sources, locating cited material in sources, etc.), transcription of recorded interviews, or assisting with preparation of manuscripts for publication. Work hours can mostly be arranged to fit your class schedule; independent work possible for some tasks.
Requirements:
Vital requirements include reliability, attention to detail, great organizational skills, and the ability to work independently with minimal direction.
Minimum qualifications include good library research abilities and a good working knowledge of how to use Excel spreadsheets and how to work on a Macintosh computer.
Desirable additional skills include: good writing ability, experience in working with statistical data analysis software (SPSS, R, etc.), and experience with quantitative or qualitative research methods.
Hours per Week: Rate of Pay:
How To Apply:
Deadline: Contact Name: Phone:
Email:
10 hours/week average
$13.00 per hour
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume (including a list of references we may contact) via email to Hope Rennie <[log in to unmask]>.
Position posted 2/7/17. Applications accepted on a rolling basis until position fills. Hope Rennie, Program Administrator, Institute for Writing and Rhetoric 603---646---9748

Subscription Details

You are subscribed to Graduate Studies Listserv. To unsubscribe, visit:
https://LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=GRAD&A=1

37 Dewey Field Road, Suite 437
Dartmouth College
Hanover, NH 03755