Hi DOC members,

Do you love
astronomy and have an interest in the outdoors? We would like to announce a unique opportunity to combine these passions in a summer program of astronomy outreach in the White Mountains of New Hampshire and North Woods of Maine. The program is funded by the National Science Foundation and is organized by the Appalachian Mountain Club and Carthage College Institute of Astronomy in collaboration with Dartmouth College, Smith College, and the Alan Alda Center for Communicating Science. It involves coordinating astronomy education sessions for the public at AMC huts and lodges in the mountains, as well as on-campus training in science communication in the spring. They are seeking up to two Dartmouth students to join the program for summer 2017. In recent years, Dartmouth students have taken part in this program with great success.

Successful candidates will have a strong background in
general astronomy, enthusiasm for the outdoors, and an interest in teaching and interacting with the public. The position carries a stipend of $3000 (11-12 weeks, depending on academic schedule) for the summer, plus room and board.

Interested students should contact me at [log in to unmask] by Feb 28th.

See the attached PDF for more details.

Best,
RCH

Ryan C. Hickox