Good Morning-

Two events at DCAL next week:

Experiential Learning Monthly Conversation Series, 12:00pm - 1:00pm, Tuesday, November 15, 2016
Join us in DCAL for a monthly lunch and conversation series on experiential learning at Dartmouth. Each session will feature resources to support experiential learning and interactive discussions on critical topics, including:

Each session is open to all members of the Dartmouth teaching and learning community, and lunch will be provided. Select sessions will include brief presentations by faculty currently leading experiential courses and programs

Lunch will be provided, please register here: http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event/2900156

Teaching Science Seminar:How Research Computing facilitates the Teaching of Sciences at Dartmouth, 12:15pm - 1:15pm, Thursday, November 17, 2016
Research Computing (dartgo.org/rc) facilitates and enables the advancement of teaching and research by providing leading-edge computing services. Our TSS talk will start with a brief introduction to the Research Computing (RC) service offering, followed by examples of classes our group currently supports. RC has been supporting teaching for over 20 years by providing access to High Performance Computing (HPC) environments and professional/scientific licensed software, as well as large amounts of shared storage to entire classes. Innovative professors and postdocs offer their students unprecedented opportunities to take their problem solving skills to the next level and apply scientific methods to real-life datasets. Our examples will be followed by a brainstorming session how RC, in close collaboration with the Instructional Designers of the Educational Technology group, can help you (re)design your courses, inject technology, and support your teaching endeavors. Naturally, will be happy to discuss and answer your questions related to the following:

For more information (dartgo.org/rcflyer and dartgo.org/rcbrochure)

Lunch will be provided at Noon, please register here: http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event/2840052

See you at DCAL!
Elaine

Elaine Livingston
Dartmouth Center for the Advancement of Learning (DCAL)
102 Baker-Berry Library
Hanover, NH  03755
p. 603-646-2655    f. 603-646-6906
e. [log in to unmask]
w. www.dartmouth.edu/~dcal

To unsubscribe from the DCAL-GROUP-LIST list, click the following link:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=DCAL-GROUP-LIST