To view this newsletter in a browser, visit:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?A2=GRAD;df9da8b6.1611p

To ensure that this newsletter is delivered to your inbox, add

Logo
Graduate Studies Listserv:
In this Newsletter:

First Generation Grad Lunch | Science Policy Mini-Conference | Writing Your Diversity Statements | Lunch with Biotech Grad Alum | DCAL's Learning Community for Future Faculty | 2017 ISTF Conference - Join US | Graduate Student Communications Coordinator | Writing Your Diversity Statement | Subscription Details
First Generation Grad Lunch

First Generation College Grad Students’ Lunch

location:TBA

(First Gen students are those whose parents did not complete
a 4 yr college degree)

Are you the first in your family to go to college? If so, then perhaps navigating graduate school has its share of joys
and challenges.

Come enjoy lunch and talk to other first-generation college graduate students about their experiences.

If you are interested in reading a bit about the research on
First Generation Graduate Students here is an article...

http://www.academia.edu/474522/_Those_invisible_barriers_are_real_The_progression_of_first-generation_students_through_doctoral_education
or

Here's Smarty-Pants, Home for the Holidays

http://www.chronicle.com/article/Heres-Smarty-Pants-Home-for/136069/