Hi DMBC,

This may qualify as spam, but I'm going to do it anyway. As you probably know, there is a pretty important election happening this coming Tuesday, November 8. I strongly encourage you to set aside the time to vote in New Hampshire and not in your home state. Here's why:

  1. Statistically speaking a single vote in New Hampshire is the most powerful vote in the entire country. (Check out the number crunchers at fivethirtyeight.com if you don't believe me). Right now both the Presidential election between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump and the Senate race between Maggie Hassan and Kelly Ayotte are within the margin of error of the polls. It is very likely that whoever wins New Hampshire will win the Presidency and decide the majority in the Senate. New Hampshire is going to be decided by a few hundred to a few thousand votes. One vote in NH instead of California or Texas has a much more profound impact on the outcome of these races.
  2. It's perfectly legal! If you are a US citizen and a Dartmouth student who lives in New Hampshire you can vote in NH even you are not a New Hampshire resident. (But you cannot vote twice. So don't try to vote in NH and by absentee ballot in your home state.)
  3. You do not have to register to vote ahead of time. All you have to do is show up at the Hanover High School with your ID and you can register on the day of the election. It's super easy!
I'm going to be offering rides to and from Hanover High School basically all day on Election Day for anyone who wants to vote, regardless of who you intend to vote for. Let me know if you want a ride or if you have any questions. I'd be happy to discuss the election further with you all. Please go vote!

Best,

David