Good Morning-

Here are some of the workshops and events we have in the next few weeks at DCAL:

Faculty Workshop: Preparing your Syllabus,  Nov 2 & Nov 9 from 9:00-10:00am (breakfast available at 8:45am)
Are you preparing a new course or revising one that needs a makeover?  These two sessions will walk you through a course desifn process tha can save you time and mak the semester go smoothly.  We will help you craft a syllabus that will clearly communicate what students will know and be able to do at the end of the term.  This workshop is intended for faculty.
Register for this series: http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event/2840012

What to Do On the First Day of Class, 12:15pm - 1:15pm, Tuesday, November 8, 2016 (Lunch available at 12 noon)
No class period is more critical to forming students’ attitudes towards learning in your course than the first day of class. We will briefly the types of behaviors and activities that can engage and motivate students for the rest of the term.  This workshop is for faculty preparing to teach in the Winter or Spring terms.  The session will be facilitated by Prue Merton (DCAL) and Kes Shroer (Educational Technologies).
Register for this discussion: http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event/2840051

Enjoy your week!
Elaine

Elaine Livingston
Dartmouth Center for the Advancement of Learning (DCAL)
102 Baker-Berry Library
Hanover, NH  03755
p. 603-646-2655    f. 603-646-6906
e. [log in to unmask]
w. www.dartmouth.edu/~dcal

To unsubscribe from the DCAL-GROUP-LIST list, click the following link:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=DCAL-GROUP-LIST