Hi Dean,

We use Wowza Streaming Engine (on a SUSE Linux server) to stream MP4-wrapped H.264 files via RTMP to JWPlayer. We use HandBrake for the actual encoding. I’m looking to use another streaming protocol, since RTMP takes iOS devices off the table. We’re debating between going with HLS now, or waiting for MPEG-DASH down the road.

Joe

Joseph Borkowski
Systems Administrator
Language Resource Center
Harvard University, Faculty of Arts and Sciences
phone: +1 617 384 9234