I am running Windows 10 and have noticed no problems with foreign languages, including Russian.  I would suggest using this homophonic/phonetic keyboard:

http://egarc.ku.edu/installing-russian-ku-homophonic-keyboard-windows-7-32-bit-and-64-bit

Jon

Jonathan Perkins, Director

Ermal Garinger Academic Resource Center