We still have some spots left for WHEATSTARCH ("winter extravaganza at the same time as regular cabin hopping") and the Frozen Fifty—I highly encourage applying! (but read on...)

Hi everyone!

Have the week before classes (Dec. 27th–Jan. 3rd) open?*

Want to experience the splendor of the New Hampshire winter and stay in heated cabins with your classmates?

Well then!

You should come on either the Frozen Fifty, in which we hike from Hanover to the (erstwhile) Lodge over a week, or Wheatstarch, in which you get to stay in a cabin at the foot of Mt. Adams and explore the White Mountains like it's your own private playground.

Here's the link! (Apply by 8 AM Friday morning, so you can get interim housing!)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeXt8xLnENujfv4jq5Ng8G7Fg8h3PNGxmzRkpu9HEt_y3K7Kg/viewform

docs.google.com
Do you love snow? Feel like getting out in the New England winter? Does hiking over snowy mountains sound like the best time ever? These trips are a strong tradition in Cabin and Trail and are a fabulous way to enjoy the beautiful snow of New Hampshire and celebrate winter! To apply for a spot on this year’s winter hiking trips, please fill out the following application. Be honest – we are open to beginners, but these trips are challenging even for experienced hikers. We want to make sure you are prepared for the trip, so that you will have an awesome time! WHAT ARE THEY? Frozen Fifty (7 days, December 28 – January 3): On this journey you will set out from campus and hike to the Lodge by means of the Appalachian Trail in 6 days (~50 miles total), and get picked up on the morning of the 7th day. You stay in DOC cabins and a heated tent one night. WHEATSTARCH (6 days): Short for Winter Hiking Extravaganza At The Same Time As Regular Cabin Hopping, on WHEATSTARCH you will be staying in Billings Cabin near

*Do you want to talk about the proper usage of the n-dash with Nick?

It'll be a blast. Really. You know, it's not that hard to use correctly. All you have to do is hit option-minus—what? You're not interested? But I haven't even got to the m-dash yet!

 Sign up to get financial aid on any DOC-related activity over $10: http://outdoors.dartmouth.edu/opo/finaid.html