Graduate Studies Listserv -

To view this newsletter in a browser, visit:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?A2=GRAD;ce355553.1609p

To ensure that this newsletter is delivered to your inbox, add

In this Newsletter:

* Parking Information for all Graduate Students
* DCAL's Learning Community for Future Faculty - planning meeting
* Interview Workshop
* Company Visit for Humanities and Social Sciences
* Celebration of Biomedical Research at Dartmouth (CBRaD) poster session

* Write Winning Grant Proposals
* Subscription Details

* Parking Information for all Graduate Students *

Parking Information for all Graduate Students
If you have questions contact Patrick O’Neill at the Transportation
Office

Graduate Permit Rate:  http://www.dartmouth.edu/~fom/services/parking/info/graduate.html

Parking Rules:  http://www.dartmouth.edu/~fom/services/parking/policies/violations.html

Penalties:  http://www.dartmouth.edu/~fom/services/parking/policies/penalties.html

Night-time Winter Parking:  http://www.dartmouth.edu/~fom/images/january11parking.jpg

We have many permit colors and the attached map provides detail for all
campus parkers based on their permit color.  Below, I’ve tried to narrow
the focus to just graduate students, so when looking at the attached map,
the lot names they should concentrate on include Lot H, Lot J, Dewey Lot
and Ledyard Lot.

Attached Grad Parking Map:         Brown Permit, Graduate Student
Commuter, Parks in Lot H or Dewey Lot
                                                            Orange
Permit, Graduate Resident, Parks in Lot J or Dewey Lot
                                                            Yellow
Ledyard, 2nd Year Tuck/Thayer Graduate Student, Parks in Ledyard Lot or
Dewey

* DCAL's Learning Community for Future Faculty - planning meeting *

In order to cultivate a community focused on teaching and learning
amongst graduate students and postdocs, DCAL has established a Learning
Community for Future Faculty (LCFF). The focus of this group is to share
the rewards and challenges of college teaching, while digging a bit
deeper into best practices and techniques for teaching. The LCFF usually
meets monthly on the 2nd Monday of the month. In September we are
meeting later to avoid conflicting events and we'll discuss topics and
ask for volunteers to facilitate. Please come join in the planning!