To view this newsletter in a browser, visit:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?A2=GRAD;8b72e537.1609p

To ensure that this newsletter is delivered to your inbox, add

Logo
Graduate Studies Listserv:
In this Newsletter:

Volunteer at the Employer Fair and receive a Skinny Pancake gift card | Alan Alda & Amy Cuddy Launch New CLEAR + VIVID Live Web Show

| Employer Fair; Don't Miss it! | Resume Writing | CV Writing | DCAL Future Faculty Reception | Conversation with Dr. Alison Crocker, Physics & Astronomy, Reed College | Ethics Training for First-Year Students | Subscription Details
Volunteer at the Employer Fair and receive a Skinny Pancake gift card

The Center for Professional Development is seeking volunteers to help employers and our staff at our biggest event of the year.

Help support this exciting event and use the opportunity to chat informally with employer representatives. Sandwiches, cookies and bottled water are provided for those who help, in addition to a Skinny Pancake $10 gift card.

Dartmouth’s Employer Connections Fair
September 20 & 21 (Tues. & Wed.)
Hopkins Center
130+ employers & 1,000+ students participate!

To sign up to volunteer, email [log in to unmask] and state which date(s) and timeslot(s) you’re available:
Tues. Sept. 20 and/or Wed. Sept. 21
10:30am – Noon Greet and assist Employers with Arrival and Set-Up
4pm – 5:30pm Clean Up and/or Set Up for Next Day

Details will be sent to confirmed volunteers closer to the fair. If you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to reach out to Kristen Rumley.
We appreciate your help!

Alan Alda & Amy Cuddy Launch New CLEAR + VIVID Live Web Show

Watch Live on Our Site Friday, September 16 at Noon
OR
Join Us Via Facebook (Thanks to our friends at Heleo!)

In the inaugural episode of CLEAR + VIVID, a new live web show to launch on Friday, September 16 at Noon Eastern, Alan Alda, actor, writer and science communication pioneer will interview Amy Cuddy, a Harvard professor, social psychologist, TED speaker and best-selling author of Presence: Bringing Your Boldest Self to Your Biggest Challenges.

CLEAR + VIVID, planned to air four times each year, will feature conversations between Alda and guests with varied views and specialties in communicating science. Thanks to a partnership with Heleo, viewers from around the globe will have an opportunity to ask questions live via Twitter and Facebook using the tag #clearvivid.

Employer Fair; Don't Miss it!

Employer Connections Fair
September 20 & 21, Hopkins Center
12-4pm, Different Employers Each Day

Attend this year’s fair to meet…
STARTUP & TECH
NONPROFIT & EDUCATION
AND PRIVATE/PUBLIC SECTOR EMPLOYERS

Students from all schools, majors and class years are invited to explore different industries, jobs, and internships in a relaxed setting and learn where many alums are now working. This is not a resume collection event. Just bring yourself and stop in at any time between 12-4pm. Business casual attire is suggested.

100+ EMPLOYERS: Google, Wayfair, HubSpot, Amazon, Venture for America, EF Education First, Bain & Company, Fidelity Investments, Cogo Labs , & More!

Review the full fair directory here. We hope to see you there! http://www.dartmouth.edu/~csrc/docs/fair_guide.pdf

Brought to you by Dartmouth’s Center for Professional Development, with generous support from Fidelity Investments.

Resume Writing

Learn the magic of converting your academic research experiences into skill sets that employers understand and value! Please bring a paper copy of your resume if you have one.

1930s room, Rockefeller (off Webster Ave.)

Feel free to bring your own lunch.
Date:
Friday, September 16, 2016
Time:
12:00pm - 1:30pm
Location:
Campus:

http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event/2721794

CV Writing

Learn what information to include in your CV to successfully present yourself on the academic job market. Please bring a paper copy of your cv if you have one.

Location: 1930s Room, Rockefeller (Off Webster Ave.)

Feel free to bring your own lunch.
Date:
Monday, September 19, 2016
Time:
12:15pm - 1:30pm
Location:
Campus:
Graduate Studies

http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event/2721795

DCAL Future Faculty Reception

Come to learn a bit about the support for graduate students and postdocs offered by DCAL, The Office of Outreach, and the DCPDA (Dartmouth College Postdoc Association). This is a great time to say thanks to a postdoc for their contributions to their field of research and to the Dartmouth community during National Postdoc Appreciation Week.
Date:
Wednesday, September 21, 2016
Time:
4:30pm - 6:00pm
Location:
DCAL, 102 Baker Library
Campus:
DCAL
Categories:
DCAL

Conversation with Dr. Alison Crocker, Physics & Astronomy, Reed College

Please join us to talk with Dr. Alison Crocker from Reed College about having a faculty career focused on both teaching and research at a prominent liberal arts college.
Date:
Friday, September 16, 2016
Time:
2:00pm - 3:00pm
Location:
Campus:
DCAL
Categories:
DCAL
http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event/2824747

Ethics Training for First-Year Students

First-Year Students please sign-up for an ethics training session and fill out ethics survey if you have not already done so.
http://graduate.dartmouth.edu/support/training/ethics-training

Subscription Details

You are subscribed to Graduate Studies Listserv. To unsubscribe, visit:
https://LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=GRAD&A=1

37 Dewey Field Road, Suite 437
Dartmouth College
Hanover, NH 03755