*From: *Hanover Conservancy <[log in to unmask]>
*Date: *Monday, September 26, 2016 at 2:00 PM
*Subject: *Alert - Trescott Water Supply Lands CLOSED

*land and water in our community*

*September 26, 2016*

<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=35137791&msgid=400570&act=CU78&c=257362&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hanoverconservancy.org%2Fjoin%2Fmake-donation%2F>

*Help us keep Hanover healthy and green*

*TRESCOTT LANDS CLOSED*

*Effective immediately, the Trescott Water Supply Lands are closed to all
users except hunters.*

A variety of public use violations over the past weekend has forced the
Hanover Dept. of Public Works to close the lands to recreation at least
through Dec. 15. The Conservancy's Oct. 15 Forest Ecology Tour
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=35137791&msgid=400570&act=CU78&c=257362&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hanoverconservancy.org%2Fcalendar%2F>
will
proceed by special permission. The property will remain open for deer
hunting.

In deciding to open these lands to the public last winter, the Trescott
Company board made clear that its top priority remains providing safe
drinking water. The other priority is forest management – *including
wildlife* – to promote clean water. Public recreation must remain a lower
priority.

Clear rules for public use were widely publicized, including that the
reservoirs and their 250′ buffers stay permanently closed to the public;
that dogs are permitted only if leashed at all times; and that the property
is to be multi-use, including deer hunting.

Unfortunately, over the Sept. 24 weekend, people were observed kayaking and
fishing in the reservoirs, running dogs off leash, and harassing hunters
who had been invited onto the property to help control the oversized deer
population.

Because we know this will disappoint many (no one more than us!), we are
providing a detailed explanation here
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=35137791&msgid=400570&act=CU78&c=257362&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hanoverconservancy.org%2Fcalendar%2Fcouncil-updates-2%2Fwater-co-land-info%2F>
.

71 Lyme Road   |   Hanover, NH 03755   |   (603) 643-3433  | (603) 643-3433

*www.hanoverconservancy.org*
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=35137791&msgid=400570&act=CU78&c=257362&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hanoverconservancy.org>

This