They do nest in trees. I once camped on an island that turned out to be
a heron rookery. There were many many herons perched in trees, including
some skeletons hanging by their necks from branches.
mary

On 08/05/2016 09:58 AM, Cecelia Blair wrote:

> Last year a Great Blue Heron was being chased from the Lake Runnemede
> area by an eagle. It flew into a thick copse of hemlocks and white
> pine, perching precariously, as you said. The eagle zoomed by. Then
> the GBH took off again.
>

> Cecelia Blair
>
> Windsor, VT

To unsubscribe:  E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]:  UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders
To change your e-mail address:  E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]:  CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]