Hi all,

On Wednesday at 6:30pm we will be hosting Prof. DiPompeo from the Astro department for dinner to talk about Astronomy and the Big Questions in Life. This should be a super interesting talk, and it would be great to see you all there.

If you are kind of daunted by the topic, Caroline shared a video with me that might make things a little clearer or will get you more excited about coming to the talk on Wednesday. Either way, here's the link and a great quote from the speech:

"The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every 'superstar,' every 'supreme leader,' every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena." - Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot Speech

Hope you can join us for dinner,

Katherine

To unsubscribe from the THOUGHT-PROJECT-LIST list, click the following link:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=THOUGHT-PROJECT-LIST