This is a very late update on VCE's Mt. Mansfield field trip last
Wed-Thurs, our penultimate weekly visit there. Vocalizing was much reduced
from a week earlier, and activity in our 25 mist nets fell off a bit,
despite an influx of both local and non-local juvenile birds. Many adults
are now in early stages of flight feather molt, and they will soon stop
moving much, skulking through the few weeks when their flight abilities are
hampered from the demands of molt.

Our 49 mist net captures included:

Yellow-bellied Flycatcher  1 adult
Black-capped Chickadee  1 juvenile
Ruby-crowned Kinglet  2 juveniles (first appearance of the species this
year)
Bicknell's Thrush  6 (1 new and 1 repeat female, one male banded in 2014, 3
juveniles)
Swainson's Thrush  2 adult males
American Robin  1 adult male
Ovenbird  2 (1 adult in heavy flight feather molt, 1 immature)
Blackpoll Warbler  7 (2 new males, 3 juveniles, 2 within-season recaptures)
Black-throated Blue Warbler  1 immature female
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle)  7 (5 new adult males, 1 repeat female, 1
juvenile)
Dark-eyed Junco (Slate-colored)  12 (4 adults, 8 juveniles)
White-throated Sparrow  6 (4 new adult males, 1 repeat male, 1 juvenile)
Song Sparrow  1 juvenile (our first-ever summer capture on the mountain)

View this checklist online at

Chris Rimmer
Vermont Center for Ecostudies
PO Box 420 | Norwich, Vermont 05055
802.649.1431 x1
http://vtecostudies.org/

<http://vtecostudies.org/>

To unsubscribe:  E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]:  UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders
To change your e-mail address:  E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]:  CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]