Way off track, coming as it does from Canada, but I guess you've looked at pemmican and akutaq.  Hunter and gatherer food. I don't know if the fats were rendered. Whipped? Does that imply rendering?

Also, storage in bladders, udders, intestines? Of course, the climate in northern Canada is a bit cooler than the Biblical world, but in India butter is rendered to ghee; does that make it keep better in the heat?

Eve

Toronto