Sending this out to the whole team!! New updates on Boston Triathlon (July 31) and a new race for all of us in VT (Lake Dunmore region).

Even if you weren't planning on racing this summer, take a look at the details and let me know if you change your mind! We'd love to have as many people racing as possible.

________________________________
From: Valentina Sedlacek
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2016 8:01 AM
To: Triathlon 16X; [log in to unmask]; Jeff Reed; [log in to unmask]; Brandt T. Slayton; Abiah K. Pritchard
Subject: 16X Race Sign-ups!

Hi team!!
The list of races is finalized and we need everyone interested to register and put their name in the google doc/ let me know so we can figure out details! :) It's a super long email but has important information and so please read all the way through and sign-up! Thank you!

Boston Triathlon - July 31st -- Vermont Sun Triathlon/ Lake Dunmore Triathlon  - August 14 -- Cranberry Trifest - August 20

The links to register for the three races are:

Boston Triathlon: discount is as outlined below using code "Dartmouth" for Sprint. Remember to register using "Other" for club/ team and then input 'Dartmouth Triathlon Team'.  SIGN UP IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS IF INTERESTED!
http://www.bostontri.com/register/

Incentive for racing the Sprint:
"Looks like our Sprint distance is going to be sold out today. I really want a lot of Dartmouth racers to come…how many would come with a $90 discount…aka $40 entry fee?
-free tech tee
-free custom waterbottle
-rad finisher medal
-free beer
-other cool schwag" - Mike O'Neil (race organizer)

Vermont Sun Triathlon/ Lake Dunmore Triathlon: Beautiful race, max 7% grade, ride around the lake, approximately 700 ft max elevation gain!
You can do the Sprint distance July 17th or August 14th, and Olympic August 14th - your choice! Discount will be getting "early bird" pricing, meaning: $58 for sprint, $78 olympic.  In order to register, please call 803-388-6888 in the mornings. There is no way to get the discount using online registration so please call by tomorrow if racing July 17th, or by the end of July for August 14th race.
http://www.vermontsuntriathlonseries.com/event-registration/

Cranberry Trifest: This race is in our division & a New England favorite- voted as winner of "Best Triathlon Series"! Super fun, you get t-shirt, water bottle, finisher medal, post-race food & massages, olympic is racing with the 2016 USAT Northeast Regional Club Championship.

Olympic AND sprint, normal AND aquabike  options!! We are trying to get the whole team to go down for this as an overnight. Only Sprint counts for NECTC points. Select "Collegiate/NECTC Member" as the race category and enter the code CRANCOLL which will reduce the price by $30 to $55 for the Price. There is a price increase scheduled for 7/16 so sign up sign up sign up!!!
https://events.hakuapp.com/cranberry-trifest-olympic

Finally, once you registered for a race, please put your name on the shared roster document so that we know who is going and who to include in subsidy/ logistics planning:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BdAoVHszk73vAyqR5bB5gI_2UOAKv2PKGjGBdNe5ssY/edit?usp=sharing

USAT MEMBERSHIP:
If you purchased a daily USAT membership pass for a race this past year: in order to register, remember that you must email [log in to unmask] a copy of your registration for the NE Season Opener that has proof of your purchase of the daily pass. They will respond with a link to purchase the full USAT membership and the day pass you bought will count as credit towards the membership fee. More details can be found here: https://www.teamusa.org/usa-triathlon/membership-services/join-or-renew<https://www.teamusa.org/usa-triathlon/membership-services/join-or-renew>

If you are racing 2+ races this year, I would highly recommend becoming a USAT member: https://membership.usatriathlon.org/public/register
Successful registration requires a membership number and so please do this as soon as you can!

As always, please let me, Brandt, or Abiah know if you have any questions or difficulty registering. This should be super fun!!

All the best,

Valentina