Import one into the other, which now contains all the data. Duplicate that file in the Finder if you need two files.

Geoff

From: FileMaker Pro Discussions [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Roger Adams
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2016 12:36 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Merging two FM databases

Hi Jonathan,

Many thanks for the prompt response. I am the designer of the database although not a professional FM designer, merely a hobbyist.

Actually, both databases are the same on two different Macs with exactly the same fields but one contains data that the other does not and v.v.

What I am trying to do is to get them to be exactly the same. A pity that there is not an app to merge the two.

Is there an easier way to achieve this than going through the database record-by-record?

Again, I do appreciate your help.

Cheers

Roger