Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV - BAHASA Archives - LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Hello all,

I am Edmundo ("Ed") Luna, and I currently teach in the English Education department at Mokpo National University (in South Korea). I would like to express my gratitude to mbak Jody Diamond for introducing me to this particular list.

Despite my current position in an English Education/English language department in South Korea, I received my PhD in Linguistics from UC Santa Barbara, where I completed a dissertation on the semi-formulaic language found in the periodic meetings of the banjar, the smallest sociopolitical unit with any legislative power in Bali. I focused mostly on Balinese, but there was some codeswitching with Indonesian in much of my data, so I am eager to discuss linguistic issues found for Indonesian as well. My current research interests include the interaction of Balinese and Indonesian in online interactions and spelling reform in Balinese.

I am interested in maintaining my interests in Indonesian, so I thought it would be useful for me to see what the current trends in Indonesian language are via this list. (Also, I am extremely receptive to any possible leads for teaching Indonesian at this time - please contact me off list if anyone has any ideas or suggestions.) Thank you again for this opportunity - I hope to establish a good, working rapport among the members of this list.

Best,

Ed Luna

--
Edmundo Cruz Luna, PhD