You can see two for one on Bowen Hill Road in Weathersfield, VT. The Great Crested Flycatcher has been a regular on the corner of Old Bow Road and Bowen Hill Road. The Eastern Kingbirds are in the beaver swamp at the intersection of Bowen Hill Road and Skyline Drive. The habitat in this region is a mix of forest, pasture and wetland, plus a stream. The beavers have enlarged the wetland over the last several years.  It is a very birdy location. Bobolinks, Wood Ducks, Canada Geese, Baltimore Orioles, Yellow Warblers, Warbling Vireo…….

We also have a Great Crested Flycatcher at our house, but it is usually heard only.

Marianne Walsh

Marianne and Michael Walsh
151 East Camp Hill Road
Weathersfield, VT 05156-9629