Those Cooper’s hawks we observed last year are nesting again, about 100 yards away from where they did so in 2015. I got lucky in reading the signs correctly and emplaced a camera rig in a neighboring tree before they laid the eggs. So far, I’ve seen two hatchlings at a time, but I suspect there are three currently (due to the mother looking in a certain way off camera in certain instances. The picture linked below is from yesterday, when they were 2 days old. There may be more eggs hatching about now. Last year the same couple (at least they seem to be the same birds based on their comfort with me) hatched and fledged 5.

http://adobe.ly/25KsIJr

-Tig Tillinghast

To post messages, send e-mail to: [log in to unmask] Set your e-mail application to PLAIN TEXT ONLY to post messages. To contact the list owner: [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe: E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]: UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders To change your e-mail address: E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]: CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]