We have had a fox in our field during the day this year and I doubt it is either ill or acclimated to people as even the bear up here run at the first sound of a human.
Mary
1400' off a dirt road in bethel vt

On 05/24/2016 11:05 AM, Marianne Blake wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">

It’s not at all uncommon to see the foxes during the day time.  I don’t believe that they are showing a disease problem.  My back yard gets visited frequently every year.

Marianne in Windsor

From: Upper Valley Birders [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Linda D. Thompson
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 10:23 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [UVB] Fox

I've heard it said, but don't know if true, that foxes will hunt during the day when they have young to feed. It doesn't necessarily mean they're unhealthy. We use to have foxes at our property and as the young became active they would play in my horse pasture and flop out to nap in the sun. I still have photos of my horse and the kits/pups.

Linda D. Thompson