Bit of a fall out.  Maybe a good day to read the paper, but better to bird.

Drove from Thetford to L. Morey. I drive the west side as the viewing is a bit easier. (started ~7:15)

Pulled over by the “girls” camp.  Got out scope.  1 Nice Co. Loon. 1 Red-necked Grebe (B.P.),  24 White-winged Scoters.  4 Bonaparte’s Gulls (B.P.), 6 R-n Gulls.  2 D-C Cormorants.

Wood Thrush, Red-eyed Vireo, Black-thr Blue, No.Parula along the lake. “three-eight” was back in same spot as a week ago, within sight of Hulbert O.E. Center. (that’s Y-thr. Vireo)

Also cruised the west side (these birds were on the northern half).  Tons of swallows.  Incl. Bank.  1 Merlin flew overhead, “crying”.

Bradford Depot was “on”.   watched (and audio recorded) a Wilson’s Warbler from 8’ away (he was wearing a fedora, not just a cap)(not sure I have heard them sing before).  Canada W.

2 Blackpoll Warblers (with its high, ceet-ceet-ceet song.)          Most birds are very close as the RR bed is elevated, so you are eye level with the tree tops.

Lots of Yellow, Redstarts, Co. Yellowthroats, many yellow-rumps.   Catbirds, kingbirds, Bobolinks, 2 Va Rails.   Herd of swallows. Got all 5 species.  As many Barn as I have seen in one place.  Warbling vireo, Least flyc.

Lots more “regular” birds as well…ie. Ovenbird, Swamp Sparrow, Solitary Sa, great blue…..

BiSh

To post messages, send e-mail to: [log in to unmask] Set your e-mail application to PLAIN TEXT ONLY to post messages. To contact the list owner: [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe: E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]: UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders To change your e-mail address: E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]: CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]