Hey everyone,

This morning I birded Mink Brook with Peter Geithner and two other fellow Dartmouth students. What a fantastic morning along Mink Brook, it was very birdy with a great representation of species. The highlight for sure was the diversity of warblers, with an amazing 19 species recorded!!! I believe that is my all time record along Mink Brook, and if I count yesterday's Canada Warbler as an honorary member of this list, that means there was 20 species of warbler along Mink Brook in less than a day- WOW!! The best birds of the morning were as follows: a FOS Blackpoll Warbler that finally gave us great looks, a Cape May Warbler I briefly saw, multiple Tennessee Warblers in different locations, continuing Northern Waterthrush, and a female Wilson's Warbler, as well as continuing Rose-breasted Grosbeak, Scarlet Tanager, and Indigo Buntings; also nice to see some Pine Siskins. Below are the notable species from this morning's walk.

Notables: 1) Mink Brook wetlands, 2) Quinn Trail, 3) Mink Brook preserve loop
Broad-winged Hawk- 1, 0, 1
Great-crested Flycatcher- 0, 0, 2
Eastern Kingbird- 1, 0, 0
Blue-headed Vireo- 0, 0, 1
Red-eyed Vireo- 1, 0, 1
House Wren- 0, 1, 2
Veery- 1, 1, 2
Hermit Thrush- 0, 0, 1
Ovenbird- 0, 0, 5
Louisiana Waterthrush- 0, 0, 1
Northern Waterthrush- 0, 1, 0
Tennessee Warbler- 1, 0, 2
Black-and-white Warbler- 0, 0, 3
Common Yellowthroat- 3, 6, 6
American Redstart- 4, 6, 3
Northern Parula- 1, 0, 6
Magnolia Warbler- 0, 0, 4
Blackburnian Warbler- 0, 0, 2
Cape May Warbler- 0, 1, 0
Yellow Warbler- 1, 1, 0
Chestnut-sided Warbler- 1, 2, 5
Blackpoll Warbler- 0, 1, 0
Black-throated Blue Warbler- 0, 0, 1
Pine Warbler- 1, 0, 4
Yellow-rumped Warbler- 0, 0, 2
Black-throated Green Warbler- 0, 0, 6
Wilson's Warbler- 0, 1, 0
Rose-breasted Grosbeak- 0, 1, 0
Scarlet Tanager- 0, 0, 1
Indigo Bunting- 1, 0, 1
Pine Siskin- 0, 2, 1

Cheers,
Kyle Kittelberger
Dartmouth

To post messages, send e-mail to: [log in to unmask] Set your e-mail application to PLAIN TEXT ONLY to post messages. To contact the list owner: [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe: E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]: UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders To change your e-mail address: E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]: CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]