Hey folks,

Spent some time this morning along Mink Brook to see what new arrivals the weather had brought in last night. Very birdy morning to be out. Had 17 warbler species, with top highlights being FOS Tennessee Warbler (singing, amazing to hear how similar the song is to N. Waterthrush, at least aspects of it) and FOS Northern Waterthrush. Other highlights were a male Wilson's Warbler, female Black-throated Blue, 3 Baltimore Orioles in the same tree, and Veery 'everywhere'. I was short on time so wasn't able to cover the other side of the brook. Notable birds below.

Notables: 1) Mink Brook wetlands, 2) Quinn Trail, 3) Mink Brook preserve
Solitary Sandpiper- 1, 0, 0
Least Flycatcher- 1, 1, 1
Great-crested Flycatcher- 0, 0, 1
Blue-headed Vireo- 0, 1, 1
House Wren- 0, 2, 2
Veery- 2, 1, 2
Ovenbird- 1, 0, 4
Louisiana Waterthrush- 1, 0, 0
Northern Waterthrush- 0, 1, 0
Black-and-white Warbler- 1, 0, 3
Tennessee Warbler- 0, 0, 1
Common Yellowthroat- 0, 3, 2
American Redstart- 4, 5, 0
Northern Parula- 1, 0, 4
Magnolia Warbler- 0, 1, 2
Blackburnian Warbler- 0, 0, 1
Yellow Warbler- 2, 3, 0
Chestnut-sided Warbler- 0, 1, 2
Black-throated Blue Warbler- 0, 1, 0
Pine Warbler- 1, 0, 0
Yellow-rumped Warbler- 1, 0, 1
Black-throated Green Warbler- 1, 0, 5
Wilson's Warbler- 1, 0, 0
Baltimore Oriole- 0, 0, 3

Late this morning I was at Mascoma Lake and a nice stretch of the river below the dam for a class. There was a Common Loon on the lake, and at least 3 Spotted Sandpipers along the river at various points.

Cheers,
Kyle Kittelberger
Dartmouth

To post messages, send e-mail to: [log in to unmask] Set your e-mail application to PLAIN TEXT ONLY to post messages. To contact the list owner: [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe: E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]: UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders To change your e-mail address: E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]: CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]