Dear Colleagues,
My university does not have anyone who can provide pedagogical support on how to apply technology to the teaching of languages. While the school has networking and computer hardware support, everything else is left to individual teachers, with no central place to ask for advice.
I'm wondering how common this situation is, so have devised the survey included in this message in an attempt to find out how other schools manage technology implementation and support. (I couldn't find any clear data on the Internet concerning this.)
Anyone who clicks on the link will be able to see the accumulated results, but I will also try to summarize whatever I found out and post it here.

Cheers,
Tom Robb, Kyoto, Japan

If you have trouble viewing or submitting this form, you can fill it out in Google Forms.

Questionnaire on University Tech Support

Please provide whatever information you can on how tech support for ICT, and language learning in particular is set up at your school. If you wish, you may view the responses at any time. A summary will eventually be created and announced on various professional mailing lists.
    Managing the network LAN & Wifi Systems
    Maintaining the desktops available for student use
    Maintaining the desktops available for teacher use
    Managing the local LMS
    Registering students on LMS (usernames & classes)
    Installation of new software
    Purchasing/managing software licences
    Registering students & setting up outside software
    Maintenance of peripherals (headsets, webcams, printers)
    Self-access/Resource Center management
    Self-access/Resource Center advising
    Conducting workshops of tech topics
    Providing advice to instructors on available software/online resources
    Computer or tablet loans
    School website
    Departmental website
    Teaching IT-related subjects (in addition to other duties)
    Teaching language (in addition to other duties)