Dartmouth BorrowDirect colleagues,

A quick update:

The Ivy Plus University Librarians will be meeting in Chicago in early May. The BorrowDirect/Ivy+ groups are proposing that one agenda item should be our resource sharing, IT, and collection development collaborations, particularly where these overlap.

At our fall meeting we recommended that the Partnership develop a shared index. As you know, this is a project we have talked about for a long time, but our efforts to get the project off of the ground have been slow. We believe that this has a lot to do with the fact that the goal may be nebulous to some and the current organizational (or governance) structure of BorrowDirect makes it difficult to harness the human resources this project requires.

The Policy Group has proposed putting together a small group of Policy, IT, and Collections representatives to prepare a short document outlining our needs and recommendations for the Directors to consider. In particular, we want to take this somewhat abstract conversation about a tool (the shared index) and summarize for the Directors how this shared development initiative will support and enhance resource sharing, discovery, collection initiatives, and the overall user experience.

The team is:

1.       Ned Quist from Brown on behalf of the Collections Group

2.       Elisabeth Long from Chicago on behalf of the IT Directors. Elisabeth is also working locally to help make sure this gets on the agenda for the May meeting

3.       Jennifer Taxman from Dartmouth on behalf of the Policy Group

4.       Depending upon availability, we intend to include at least one member of the group working on the shared index proposal (Rob, Tom, Dean & Tim)

Our first discussion is tomorrow.  I may come to you all with questions.  And I will share the development of the document as this moves forward.

Jennifer

Jennifer Taxman | Associate Librarian for User Engagement & Technologies

Dartmouth College | Hanover NH 03755

6025 Baker Berry Library, Room 115

[log in to unmask] | 603-646-2237

To unsubscribe from the DARTMOUTH-BORROWDIRECT-GROUP list, click the following link:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=DARTMOUTH-BORROWDIRECT-GROUP