From: triathalon <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Valentina Sedlacek <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, February 20, 2016 10:49 AM
To: Triathlon
Subject: SPRING RACING: MaxPerformance NE SEASON OPENER REGISTRATION INFORMATION!!! YAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY

HI TEAM!!

It’s time to register for our first race of the spring and one we hope everyone can go to!!! As we have in the past years, we will be going to the NE Season Opener Du Tri on May 15, 2016 in Hopkington State Park, MA!
This is a long email but it's super important to read in its entirety [&#X1f60a]  I am including a word document of it in case that is easier to use. Thank you so much in advance!

Here are the details:

  *   sprint triathlon (1/4 mile swim, 10 mile bike, 3.1 mile run) & sprint duathlon (2 mile run, 10 mile bike, 3.1 mile run) option, you can do either!
  *   This race is part of the NECTC season. This means that if you show up and race, you’ll be helping the team in terms of standings (less important), qualifying for nationals (less important), and having tons of fun racing with other colleges (really important).
  *   The race is at 9 AM Sunday, May 15th at the end of week 7 (we will go down the night before and stay at Arielle’s house- thank you Isaacson family!!!!)
  *    As a USAT event, you need an annual or one-day membership (annual membership is $15 for us, one-day membership is $12/ day). If you purchase a one-day membership and later decide to switch to an annual membership, the amount you paid for the day pass will be subtracted. Here is a pretty good FAQ site if you have questions about this: https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Triathlon/Membership-Services/Membership-FAQ
  *   Race cost is $77.00 + $4.24 sign-up fee per individual WITHOUT TEAM DISCOUNT
  *   There is an option to be a part of a relay team- if this interests you, please let me know ASAP! We already have one relay team. The price of this is $130.00 + $7.15 sign up fee per team WITHOUT TEAM DISCOUNT
  *   Note: prices will increase on 3/1/16, the race may be sold old, we will still only reimburse the same amount, and we need enough time to figure out logistics and so please SIGN UP BY MARCH 1ST!!!!

Logistical things for registration
- We are still figuring out discounts and details with the race organizers at the moment, but the team will most likely be subsidizing the race by $40.  We will update you on this as soon as possible, as well as send out any discounts we hear of.
- In order to get this subsidy, you need to:
1.  register by March 1st
2.  send Brandt and I email confirmation of your registration
3. attend the mandatory race meeting and fill out a BER form
4. GO TO THE RACE: If you drop out last minute, the TEAM WILL NOT SUBSIDIZE the registration fee you paid.
- Subsidizing will be done after the race happens.
- Financial aid: We love having a huge team go to races, and we don’t want prices to keep anyone from participating. If you feel like you need financial aid (bigger subsidy or a payment plan), please talk to the captains! Email Kelly and Zach and they will work something out with you.

You will be responsible for registering yourself!! See below and follow the guidelines closely. Deadline to register with the team is March 1st. After this date we will extend as makes sense to allow late registration, but we will not subsidize more even though registration is more expensive and your spot traveling with the team is not guaranteed.

I will have my computer set up at several practices in the next week and so we can definitely do it together before or after practice if you are unsure or need help.

Registration instructions:

1.     Click this: https://maxperformanceonline.com/neopenerrace/ne-season-opener-du-tri-registration-page/

2.     Enter your information. Be sure to Select INDIVIDUAL TRIATHLON

** this is different if you are signing up for a relay

3.     USAT Membership: You can either buy a day pass ($12) or a year long membership ($15). Note that if you go to 4 races within a calendar year, you will save money (and get a free bumper sticker). Do whichever works best for you.

4.     Fill out technical t-shirt option size

5.     ****** SUPER IMPORTANT***** You need to be registered IN THE COLLEGITE DIVISION under “Category”. Please double and triple check that you have signed up for the collegiate wave (this is on the third page right after you indicate your tshirt size). If you don’t sign up in the wave, you can’t qualify for nationals, score for the team, and you’ll likely be behind everyone on the team during the race.  It doesn’t matter if you think you are elite or are a newbie/beginner, select collegiate wave.

6.     Fill out age as of 12/31/16, and emergency contact information.

7.     Click ‘yes’ that we are competing in Max’s Triathlon Club Series—we are currently ranked 2nd in the collegiate series!

8.     When it asks for your Triathlon Club/Team, Write “Dartmouth Triathlon Team”. This ensures that we are all together in the transition area.

9.     As far as I know, we will all click “no” for the Cowbell Club Member question

10.  You will then pay for yourself. For information on subsidy, scroll back up.

11.  EMAIL ME & BRANDT YOUR CONFIRMATION. You will get a confirmation email from Max Performance. Please forward that to me so that we have a head count for who has signed up. Please do this by March 1 as much as possible!!

We had SO much fun at the race last year and so I can’t wait [&#X1f60a]  Even though it is sometimes difficult to leave campus for part of a weekend, this race is definitely worth it and we are hoping to have the whole team go! We will be planning a second race for the spring soon, it'll most likely be around the end of May.

Please let me (or Kelly and Zach) know if you have any questions at all!

Warmly,
Valentina