Hey everyone,

The Special Olympics are being held this weekend at the Dartmouth Skiway, and we're trying to get a Nordic Club group together to help out. This is a great opportunity to not only help out the local community, but to also get to know your fellow club members better in a fun (and rewarding) environment. There are volunteering opportunities open on both Friday and Saturday, but we're looking to have people help out on this Saturday, January 23 only. I won't know much about transportation and departure/return times until we send in our list of volunteers, but our responsibilities may include anything from greeting and parking, to cheering, to timing and judging events.

If you're interested and have a free Saturday (it's week 3 and it hasn't snowed in a week, school work and prime trail conditions are not valid excuses), please blitz me. If you respond to this email, everyone on the listserv will be able to see it. Maybe you're into that. If not, my address is [log in to unmask]. I will fill all your information into the Google Doc for you. (If you've already filled out the Google Doc through the email that was blitzed out earlier, please let me know.)

In the interest of getting everything submitted early so we have a better chance of getting a good assignment and having everyone able to work the same station, please let me know if you can help out by Thursday, January 21 (TODAYat 1pm. Sorry for the short notice, but we're throwing this together on the fly.

I've had the opportunity to help out with Special Olympics events in the past, and it really is an experience that sticks with you. Events are very well run, and everyone involved--from administrators to athletes--is a pleasure to work with.

Thanks guys, and hoping to see many of you out there on Saturday,

Ryan

To unsubscribe from the DOC-NORDIC list, click the following link:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=DOC-NORDIC