Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV - LLTI Archives - LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From: Roberto Perez Galluccio <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: November 24, 2015 at 3:03:53 PM CST
To: <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Language Resource Center Director position - question

Hi all,

Just curious: when I was looking for this type of positions (language resource centers) back in 2007/2008, there were several job postings every week from all over the US. In the past few years I've noticed these openings are advertised less and less (or maybe they just don't make it into the lists I'm subscribed to). Are there fewer position openings these days? Or  are the job titles changing, maybe merging with generic learning resource centers (not necessarily foreign language-oriented)?

I did notice, when I moved to Canada in 2010, that the position of "Language Resource Center" director or coordinator seems to be much less common north of the border than it is in the US. Maybe some of our Canadian list members can comment on this perception.

Thanks,

Roberto Perez Galluccio
Toronto, Canada