From: "Allen, Jorge" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: November 4, 2015 at 5:01:18 AM CST
To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Communicating with Chinese partner school

A colleague is doing the following survey,

We are still in the initial stages of collaboration with our partner school.  We are planning to match our students with a Chinese counterpart and provide them with the ability to communicate digitally.  In the process of vetting some apps (WeChat, Whatsapp, etc.) our IT Department asked me to investigate all options.  I am seeking some feedback from those of you who have progressed further in this regard.

·       Do you have an established communication practice with your students and their Chinese peers?
·       If so, what app, software, or web tool do you use?
·       Do the students use their own personal devices, district-owned 1-to-1 devices, or both?
·       Have you encountered any difficulties with the technology (malware, spyware, etc.)?
·       If you do currently have individual student communication, is the reason due to technology?

Could share your responses with me I will forward them to my colleague?
Thank you,
Jorge
Jorge S. Allen, Ph.D.
@drallen23
Coordinator, English Language Learners & World Language Programs
Andover Public Schools
Andover, MA 01810
“The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change.”―Heraclitus