Dear DOC,

We recently completed a very successful timber framing workshop for the new Class of '66 Bunkhouse at Moosilauke - but there's still lots of volunteer work to be done before we close it up for the winter and then complete construction for a dedication next June.   (You can find some photos and video of the project here:  http://photos.davidkotz.org/Chubbers/2015-Timberframe-workshop/)

I'll be driving up to the Lodge this Thursday morning and can take a few people who would like to come up and work for the day.  We'll leave from behind Robo at 8:00 am and return shortly after 5:00.  Lunch will be provided at the Lodge.  Any level of carpentry experience (including no experience at all) is welcome.   This is a chance to work with other students, staff and alumni on a beautiful new bunkhouse  at Moosilauke that is designed to stand for the next century.   You'll be able to show your grandchildren a place you helped build!

I need to confirm numbers with the Lodge and building crew, so please email or call me to sign up by Wednesday morning, Oct. 14.  No equipment necessary (bring a hammer, etc. if you have tools), but dress warmly and bring a water bottle.

Daniel M. Nelson, Director
Dartmouth Outdoor Programs
115 Robinson Hall
PO Box 9