Hi All!

Just a reminder that the Wilderness Adventures info session is tomorrow at 4! Come hear about an awesome summer job!

-Spencer

From: Shane C. G. Weisberg
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2015 3:19 PM
To: DOC President
Subject: Wilderness Adventures info session Friday

Hey Spencer, if you could blitz out another reminder to subclub lists about this that'd be awesome. Thanks. Here's the message from last time:

On Friday October 30, Wilderness Adventures (http://www.wildernessadventures.com/) will be coming to campus looking for leaders for this upcoming summer. There will be an info session at 4PM in Robo basement with Adrian Croke, their staffing director.

I (Shane Weisberg) went on trips with WA during high school and then worked with them leading trips this past summer. I got to backpack in the Wind River and Beartooth Ranges, rock climb in Telluride, raft the Salmon and Green Rivers, visit Arches, Mesa Verde and Yellowstone National Parks and summit the Grand Teton in one of the most amazing summers of my life. Other possible locations include the Sierras in California, the Pacific Northwest, Alaska, Hawaii, South America, Europe and Australia.

If you want to work outside this summer, leading for WA is an awesome opportunity and you should definitely come to the information session.

The one catch is that you must be 21 years old by this summer, however, this should not discourage you from coming to the info session as they generally do not visit every year, so even if you may want to apply for 17X or 18X, you should still come. Below is a blurb from Adrian about working for WA. Feel free to blitz[log in to unmask]" target="_blank" title="Ctrl+Click or tap to follow the link"> [log in to unmask] with any questions.

Hey there! I hope you guys are doing well and enjoying a beautiful New England fall. I work for a company called Wilderness Adventures. We are based in Jackson Hole, but we offer summer adventure trips all over the world. I’m coming to Dartmouth on Thursday, October 29th and Friday, October 30th to recruit for our Trip Leader positions! Our programs vary from four week wilderness expeditions in backcountry areas of Wyoming and Montana to three-week language learning in Malaga, Spain. I’m looking for people who are stoked to spend time outside, teach young people how to be more self-sufficient and better members of a team, and take part in awesome adventures. Our activities run the gamut from surfing and scuba diving in tropical locations to climbing My. Kilimanjaro, Rainier, and the Grand Teton. Though we subcontract for specific high-risk activities like mountaineering or whitewater rafting, we are looking for people who are experienced in the outdoors. Our only requirements are that you have to have a clean driving record and be 21 by June 12th, 2016. Get paid to visit the most beautiful places in the world AND change the lives of your students? What could be better?