Dear DOC,

I'm heading out on two work trips this week and have room for 3-4 students to come along:

Thursday, Oct. 1:  work on the construction of the new Class of '66 Bunkhouse at Moosilauke (see description below).   We'll leave from Robinson Hall at 8:00 am, have lunch at the Lodge, and return to Hanover by 5.   No special experience, skills or equipment required.

Friday, Oct. 2:  deliver some furniture to OPO cabins at the Grant and either do some trail work or help Lorraine Turner (Grant caretaker) repair a suspension bridge.  We'll leave from Robinson Hall at 7:00 am, have lunch at the Grant, and return to Hanover by dinner time.

If you're interested, please let me know by Wed. so I can reserve the appropriate vehicles for each  and give the Lodge a headcount for lunch on Thursday.

Cheers
Dan

Daniel M. Nelson, Director
Dartmouth Outdoor Programs
115 Robinson Hall
PO Box 9
Hanover, NH  03755
603-646-2356 (office)
603-646-1444 (fax)

Dear Chubbers, '66s and Moosilauke Accomplices:

We are moving right along on the '66 project, thanks to the timberframing workshop, our fall crew of three, and a stalwart collection of midweek and weekend volunteers. Thanks to all who have helped; special shout-out to Dana Wieland '17 who, after attending the Workshop, brought 4 of her (first-year) Trippees up this past Saturday, they were a a huge help. We'd love to see more of that!

At the moment we have the entire main roof insulated and decked including the special overhangs; about half the roofing underlayment is on the roof, all wall paneling is oiled and one gable end is paneled, and we have started oiling the vertical siding.  I don't have a recent photo but perhaps one will soon appear.

So we are slightly behind the original schedule, but only slightly, and it seems that with a strong effort these next two weeks and particularly weekends we should be right back where we need to be.

As result, your help especially soon would be most welcomed.  Please let me know.

It looks like this now - see the original schedule below, for details:
* This week - complete the gable end walls, and start the eave and entry walls
* Next wednesday-Thursday (7th-8th) Raise the porch frames.  We are going to use the services  of Billy Wanner's excavator to lift and move things;  this white oak is wicked heavy, The plan is to prep on Wednesday, raise on Thursday.
* Friday the 9th - Windows and doors scheduled to arrive.
* So therefore Friday Oct 9 through Monday Oct 12:  Raise the porch rafters, deck the porch roofs, and meanwhile, work on the eave and entry walls, with good effort getting those walls fully paneled, insulated and strapped so the windows can be installed.

We'll be right on the original schedule if we get that far.

 We've got four folks for this weekend, 9 next weekend (plus the fall crew of three.)   We'd love to have you join them, and to add in on Wednesday-Friday as well.  As always, 24 hours of Lodge services per day worked.

Detailed instructions going Wednesday to all who volunteer for this weekend.

If you are signing up, please let me know arrival and departure times, and dietary restrictions. Again, at the moment, signup is open for any day, Wednesday-Sunday now to Nov. 1, plus Monday Oct. 12.

Thanks very much for making this possible!

David  Hooke