Greetings-

Please see the attached message and flyer for Professional Development Day from the Department of French and Italian on September 14th, 2015

Cheers-
Elaine

Elaine Livingston
Dartmouth Center for the Advancement of Learning (DCAL)
102 Baker-Berry Library
Hanover, NH  03755
p. 603-646-2655    f. 603-646-6906
e. [log in to unmask]
w. www.dartmouth.edu/~dcal

Dear all,

I am pleased to announce that the French and Italian Department, in partnership with the Dartmouth Center for the Advancement of Learning and the Associate Dean of the Faculty for the Arts & Humanities, will organize the fourth Professional Development Day (PDD) on Monday, September 14, 2015. The first three editions of the PDD have been a great success. We are fully prepared to continue our established tradition with our next guest speaker, Prof Virginia Scott from Vanderbilt University

Prof. Virginia Scott is Chair of the Department of French and Italian at Vanderbilt University and Academic Director of the Center for Second Language Studies. Her research interests include second language development, bilingual studies, grammar, literature and the development of second language / second culture competence, as well as approaches to classroom practice. Prof. Scott has done extensive research in the area of language identity, and motivation in the classroom and she will share with us some of her research in these areas. Representatives from the Jones Media Center, Educational technologies and the Rauner Library will also share with us enriching ideas resources.

The Associate Dean of the Faculty for the Arts and Humanities and DCAL will support the event, awarding a $150 stipend in recognition of the participation to the lecturers and senior lecturers that will attend the Professional Development Day. Availability is limited; please send a brief letter of interest to Tania Convertini ([log in to unmask]) by August 25th, 2015.

We look forward to the event and to sharing with you a day filled with ideas about language teaching and learning.

Best, Tania

To unsubscribe from the DCAL-GROUP-LIST list, click the following link:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=DCAL-GROUP-LIST