Hi everyone,

Well, you outdid yourselves tonight - you all played beautifully, despite
the oppressive heat and humidity.  That venue brought out the best in
everyone...did it sound as good to you as it did to me?  Soloists were
wonderful and a special shout-out to Sarah for her engaging announcing.

Cindy and I have begun meeting to plan the fall/winter and spring seasons.
For the January concert, we'll be planning music around the theme, "A Night
at the Movies."  I've never planned a themed concert before, so I'm
thoroughly enjoying the process!  In the spring, the selections will be
chosen from all of YOUR favorites!  I am anxious to learn what your
favorite selections are, and know we will have a wonderful program.

Also, in thinking about the fall, please invite your friends, neighbors,
countryfolk, etc. to join us.  If they're nervous, or think they can't do
it, encourage them to come for 2-3 weeks and give it a try.

 We are losing 2 clarinet players (Crystal and Rachel - 😢) - and while I
certainly wish them well in their new venture, they will be sorely missed.
Of course, if Crystal's heading to Texas, that means we'll be losing Troy
as well.  ANOTHER boo-hoo!  Each of these players brought their competence,
commitment and talent to us, truly contributing to the quality of our
group.  Travel safely, congratulations on your new jobs, and we'll miss you!

I hope to see you all at the parade/mini-concert and picnic on Saturday.
If you can't come to the parade/mini-concert, please try to come to the
party, even if just for a little while.  It's a great way to relax and
enjoy each other without having to oil your valves, grease your slides or
soak your reeds.

OK, enough rambling.  Again, well done tonight!

bec