Hey DMBC,

We’re making progress on creating an effective leader training process!! For those of you who couldn’t make our last meeting, here’s an important update:

Leaders in training are no longer required to do a 1-on-1 ride— rather you must do 1 official co-lead + 4 rides with the club + all the other reqs to be eligible for a second test co-lead in which must show proficiency in the following:

  *
First aid
     *
How to deal with shock **
  *
Technique and Language
     *
platform position
     *
starting up a hill
     *
getting off the bike well (using breaks, getting both feet on one side of the bike)
     *
braking evenly
     *
looking ahead
     *
pre-shifting

If you do not know some of these skills feel free to ask a leader to teach you on one of your rides, and don’t sign up for a co-lead test until you have completed all other reqs. Here<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C2EdBNY4hJVILc4Ccx3P27qOFHkazauPMbDE0ZtUfRI/edit> is the full list of requirements.

Please update your progress here<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16yjhr-UqLTDizzzCo_pFYCwHe-2P0hUpWEF3hNfqvuw/edit#gid=0>.

Google doc with rides will be coming out soon.

**just a reminder: If a rider falls and goes into shock, DO NOT allow them back on the bike until they are fully calmed down. We recommend having them eat and drink to expedite this process.

Cheers,

Josie Nordrum