Today was the first day of mist net operations in Etna. New birds included

Catbird -1
Brown Thrasher -1
Common Yellow Throat - 3
House Wren - 1
Red-Eyed Vireo - 1

Recaptures:
Downy Woodpecker - 2011
Tufted Titmouse - 2011, 2012
Bl. Capped Chickadee....too many to list one standout from 2010
Purple Finch - female with raspberry color creeping into its head plumage... interesting...2012
Song Sparrow - female from earlier this spring
Blue Jay.....escapee :o{

Oddest spring sighting this evening was a feeding Common Nighthawk over the house. Last week my wife reported a giant swallow like bird flying away... it was back this evening...

Whats the nighthawk status around here? We see them in migration annually, but not sure if I've ever seen one during spring... good sign?

Dave Merker
Etna, New Hampshire
Cape May Raptor Banding Project Inc.
www.capemayraptors.org