Good Morning!

Spring term is winding down, but DCAL has a few more workshops and events for you:

Writing the Medical School Composite Letter, Tuesday May 26th from 3:30-4:30pm OR Thursday May 28th from 12-1pm
This workshop is for both new and seasoned Composite Letter writers. Sarah Berger and Annette Hamilton (both from the Health Profession Program) will clarify the purpose and structure of Dartmouth composite letters for the newer writers among you—and share important updates on current evolutions about what medical schools are wishing to see in letters.  Supporting letter writers welcome.
Tuesday May 26th Register for this session: http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event.php?id=969218
Thursday May 28th Register for this session: http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event.php?id=969219

First Responder Workshop, Wednesday, May 27th, from 9:00 to 10:30am
How do we respond when a student discloses stalking, intimate partner violence or sexual violence? We all want to be helpful and supportive, but it can be difficult to know what to do or say in these moments. This workshop will provide professionals with trauma informed approaches to supporting survivors as well as insight on challenges victims/survivors face to seeking resources.  Facilitated by Benjamin Bradley and Amanda Childress from the Sexual Assault Awareness Program (SAAP).
Register for this workshop: http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event.php?id=884483

Talking about Language and Culture-Monthly Discussion Group, Thursday, May 28th from 2:30 to 4:00pm
"The greatest challenge to learning a foreign language is the challenge of memory; there are just too many words and too many rules. For every new word we learn, we seem to forget two old ones, and as a result, fluency can seem out of reach. Fluent Forever tackles this challenge head-on. With empathy for the language-challenged and abundant humor, Wyner deconstructs the learning process, revealing how to build a foreign language in your mind from the ground up”
Sean Kang (Education) and Tania Convertini (French and Italian) will facilitate a discussion of the book Fluent Forever by Gabriel Wyner
Register for this discussion: http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event.php?id=945764

Enjoy the holiday weekend-
Elaine

Elaine Livingston
Dartmouth Center for the Advancement of Learning (DCAL)
102 Baker-Berry Library
Hanover, NH  03755
p. 603-646-2655    f. 603-646-6906
e. [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
w. www.dartmouth.edu/~dcal<http://www.dartmouth.edu/~dcal>