From: IALLT Assoc <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: IALLT Webinar "Engaging Students in Culture Study with Authentic Resources"
Date: May 4, 2015 at 2:08:52 PM CDT
To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum <[log in to unmask]>

IALLT Webinar "Engaging Students in Culture Study with Authentic Resources"

Presenter: Noah Geisel

Date: Thursday, May 14, 2015

Start Time: 11:00am PT / 12:00pm MT / 1:00pm CT / 2:00pm ET

Webinar Duration - 1 hour

Second language speakers are a motivated bunch. While language study is key to gaining fluency, most of us were motivated to learn by our love of the culture: the sights, sounds, tastes and sites. In this webinar, we will examine ways in which we can engage language learners in culture study that is aimed at finding a connection between their individual interests and the culture studied. We will also consider one model to allow students to self-select their area of culture study. Dozens of concrete examples (mostly in Spanish) will be shared.

Register online:
http://iallt.wildapricot.org/Webinars