Hi team!

This blitz is long, but whether you made it to last Friday's team meeting or not, it's chock full of good info. Skip to bold headlines if one section doesn't apply to you. Feel free to save this and refer back later.

Dues -- $25 due by May 1

How do I pay?

Give in cash or check to Nina, Sara, Kelly, or I. Some of us may also be able to do Venmo.

When do I need to pay?
-If you want to support the team.
-If you're racing with us.
-If you attend more than one spin or swim after May 1.
The last two will be enforced because the team has to shell out money for each of these and space is limited.

Where are my dues going?
Spin room, lifeguard and pool, strength room, vans for races, subsidizing some race costs, possibly some social events.

Races
If you didn't get a blitz from Abiah ([log in to unmask]in the last two days, we don't have you down for the May 10th race. If you think you're signed up or want to be, blitz us!

Reply to Brandt ([log in to unmask]) if you're interested in our second race (on May 30)!

Bikes -- necessary for races and outdoor rides

Keep you're eyes peeled for a session on where to go and what to look for when buying!

Rental options:

o   Omer and Bob’s

   §  Road bikes: $40 a day, $200 a year

   §  Hybrid: $20 a day, $100 a year

o  Paradise sports (a tad cheaper, but tad further and more limited supply)

If you plan on using one of these options, give us a heads up and we can help you get there.

Other options:

Borrow a road or hybrid from friends (mountain and straight campus w/ single gear setting will not really work).

Let us know if you're having trouble/need help!

Wet Suits -- likely required for May 10 race

First off, ​tri-suits and wetsuits aren't the same thing. Tri-suits (or a tri top and tri shorts combo) are to be worn to swim, bike, and run- they're tight, dry quickly, and have a little butt pad for biking. The wetsuit goes on top of the tri suit for the swim and comes off right after.

Wetsuits are definitely a must since the water will be between 55-65 degrees!

Many times they are mandatory for the race (mandated by the race officials). Wetsuits are also great because they help you float!

What to look for?

Triathlon wetsuits either sleeveless or sleeved(anywhere from 2-5mm thickness). Over 5 mm in thickness is illegal which is a no no. Dive/Surf wetsuits tend to be a little less flexible and looser, making it generally harder to swim. Triathlon wetsuits are designed to be buoyant and easy to swim in. Sleeves are good for warmth but can be restrictive to your stroke. If you don't plan to use the wetsuit for that many cold races and you want to buy it, I would go with sleeveless.

Here are the options for getting a wetsuit:

    1. Borrowing from a friend!

    2. Rent the wetsuit for the race for about $45 on various websites (http://www.wetsuitrental.com)

    3. Purchase one on Amazon for about $90. This one I bought (it's mens) and works great!

http://www.amazon.com/Sport-Podium-Sleeveless-Triathlon-Wetsuit/dp/B00D4C4RXM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429672454&sr=8-1&keywords=neosport+triathlon+wetsuit

    ​Xterra.com also has some good discounts in the clearance section!

Tri-Suits - if you didn't order a team tri suit or tri top/bottoms, that's totally okay! You have a few options.

    Men- A. tri top and shorts (or tri suit)

               B. swim trunks/jammer/speedo/bathing suit for the swim and throw shorts and shirt on top for the bike/run

    Women-

    A. spandex and sports bra for swim, throw shirt (and shorts) on for bike/run

    B. sports bra and tri shorts, throw shirt on for bike/run

    C. tri shorts and tri top

The 3rd option, is the easiest, but most costly. Amazon sells tri tops/shorts made by a brand called 2XU and those are a great option. I got my shorts and top on Amazon for $29 each. ​Check out these options::

    women's top- http://www.amazon.com/2XU-Womens-Active-Black-X-Large/dp/B00DPIFEC8/ref=sr_1_4?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1429672613&sr=1-4&keywords=tri+top+women

    women's shorts-http://www.amazon.com/2XU-Womens-Active-Tri-Short/dp/B00DPI7AA2/ref=pd_sim_sg_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1K95KKGSD5KPKRK7KXGM

    men's top- http://www.amazon.com/2XU-Active-Singlet-Nautic-Medium/dp/B00DPIEUT6/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1429672475&sr=8-7&keywords=2xu+tri+top

    men's shorts- http://www.amazon.com/2XU-Mens-Active-Tri-Short/dp/B00DPI79AI/ref=pd_sim_sg_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1X9RT5VKV1XMP9KB8SC2

Practice Sched:

Monday: 3 pm SPIN/BIKE

Tuesday: 7:30 SWIM [team dinner after]

Thursday: 5 pm RUN/ 6-7 STRENGTH [team dinner after]

Saturday: 3 pm RUN

Club swim and DERT have other practice times (if ours don’t work for you, or you want to train extra)

M W Th F 7:30AM - run from Robo with Collis breakfast to follow around 8:30
M T W Sa 4:15PM - run from Robo
Thursday 9pm Leverone - run from Robo
Blitz: [log in to unmask]
M/T/Th 6-7:30 pm - swim
Su 12:30-2 pm - swim
Blitz: [log in to unmask]

Blitz or groupme out to our team if you’re working out at a non-tri practice time and want friends!!

Social:

Ice Cream 4 You à Saturday @ 4 after run prax!

Blitz Ned ([log in to unmask]) or Matt ([log in to unmask]) if you have a car and are planning to come, otherwise just show up to the end of run prax Saturday!

Keep your eyes peeled for info about a pong tourney next weekend!

Stay tuned for updates on fundraising this term!

from execs [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask]

Feel free to blitz any of us with any questions, comments, or suggestions and GO TEAM!

Your captains,

Zach, Kelly, Patrick, Nina, Sara

To unsubscribe from the TRIATHLON list, click the following link:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=TRIATHLON