Good Morning-

Here is what is happening at DCAL this week:

Why do you share your research?: Faculty Roundtable on Open Data, 12:30pm - 2:00pm, Wednesday, April 29, 2015
Federally sponsored project requirements increasingly call for the results of funded research to be made publicly available.  However, the benefits of sharing your research and data go beyond compliance.   The increasingly collaborative research environment, the need for accessible research data to use in teaching, and the development of advanced tools to enable sharing have all increased the appeal of open research and data.   Join us for a faculty roundtable to discuss how and why we share our research.   Through sharing our expertise, experiences, interests, and ideas on open data we can discover the benefits, challenges, and next steps of making our research and scholarship accessible to the public.  Faculty panel leading the discussion:  Robyn Millan - Associate Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Mark McPeek - Professor of Biological Sciences, and Deborah Nichols - Professor of AnthropologyThis roundtable is the first part of our two part series.  The second session will focus on the specific sharing requirements from various agencies and the tools that enhance the public access components of grant proposals and research, specifically the DMPTool and EZID, a tool to create a unique, long-term identifier to manage and cite your shared research data. Register for this session: http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event.php?id=951059
Staying Safe After the Anthem Breach, 12:00pm - 1:30pm, Thursday, April 30, 2015
In light of the recent Anthem Health Insurance security breach that affected 80 million accounts, the ITS Security Team will present a cyber security seminar for Dartmouth faculty, students, and staff.
Learn about credit monitoring and other tools you can use to protect yourself and your family, understand the motives behind cyber attacks, and determine risks to personal devices and data.  Register for this discussion: http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event.php?id=945905

Have a great week!
Elaine

Elaine Livingston

Dartmouth Center for the Advancement of Learning (DCAL)
102 Baker-Berry Library
Hanover, NH  03755
p. 603-646-2655    f. 603-646-6906
e. [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
w. www.dartmouth.edu/~dcal<http://www.dartmouth.edu/~dcal>