From: Todd Nichols <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Grant opportunity - RFP deadline July 28
Date: April 20, 2015 at 3:19:16 PM CDT
To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Dear colleagues,

TalkAbroad is announcing the availability of grants funds for research on the impact of interaction with native speakers as a required part of a course curriculum. Research can focus on any topics of import to your department or second language acquisition but particular attention will be given to proposals focused on the 2015 Areas of Interest:

  *   The impact of interaction with native speakers on oral proficiency levels for students at the novice and intermediate oral proficiency levels.
  *   The impact of interaction with native speakers on program enrollment numbers.
  *   The impact of remote interaction with native speakers on oral proficiency as compared to other methods (study abroad programs, on-campus speaking opportunities, etc.)

Assistance through both in-kind TalkAbroad access and cash reimbursement for expenses are available.

Details and request for proposal are available at talkabroad.com/grants<https://talkabroad.com/index/view_grants/99999999>

Feel free to email me personally at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with any questions.

Todd Nichols
University Partnerships, TalkAbroad
www.talkabroad.com<http://www.talkabroad.com/>
PO Box 5392,
Englewood, CO 80155
o: 415-692-5311
c: 402-332-8684
e: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

"The TalkAbroad program is a great idea for all language classes.  The student we talked to was extremely down-to-earth and actually helped us significantly...I was impressed with the organization of the program as well as the maturity and helpfulness of the students.  I would recommend it in the future to all your language courses."

"She could tell that we weren't very quick or comprehensive speakers and she was good about speaking slowly and repeating herself or translating if we were having problems.  This exercise is definitely the best way to learn a language....I would really like to do it again in the future."
   -  Student Testimonials