IMHO, No apology needed. You provide us with so many great sightings to run after and enjoy, we as a group of UV birders are or should be psyched to have you birding, posting and upping all of our birding skills. You don't miss many and the birds can trick us all. Certainly they trick me on a regular basis and I don't think you should think twice about it.

I for one, feel the you certainly enhance my upper valley birding experiences. SO don't be shy even if you might miss one every 10-20 years ;o)

That goes for everyone. There are folks to help correct, educate or re-ID a bird. Never take it personally or let it keep you from posting you sightings.... Its what makes this a blast.

On another note, just got back from Georgia.... highlight for me was the Red Cockaded Woodpecker... (Endangered species) Had to give it 2 shots at finding one...Sundays apart, but on the way to the airport yesterday, my darling wifes' eagle eyes spotted 2. Photos available.

Chris, tell us more about this Varied Thrush..... :o)

Dave Merker
Etna, New Hampshire
Cape May Raptor Banding Project Inc.
www.capemayraptors.org