Good Morning-

We’ve added a few more events to the spring calendar, an updated version is attached to this email.  If you have any problems with the file, please let me know.

Next week’s events at DCAL are:

140 Characters in Search of a Reader: Twitter as Way of Learning and Mode of Expression, 12:00pm - 1:30pm, Thursday, April 9, 2015
In our age of positive thinking, Eric Jarosinski’s fictitious "Compendium of Utopian Negation" on Twitter has garnered over 100,000 followers in 125 countries. As @NeinQuarterly, Jarosinski is now one of the most influential cultural voices on social media. Once an Ivy League professor, he tweets about philosophy, language, literature, European politics, and everything in between. He is followed by several heads of state, as well as a host of journalists, academics, students, and other people who like to think. At this workshop, Jarosinski will talk about the art of the Twitter aphorism, discuss the formation and complex dynamics of an online community, and share his ideas about using Twitter to engage students with each other and the "world's global consciousness" (as Twitter has been described). Sponsored by the Institute for Writing and Rhetoric.
Register for this session: http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event.php?id=944878

Teaching Science Seminar, 12:30pm - 2:00pm, Friday, April 10, 2015
The Gateway Project is a Dartmouth Initiative to redesign large introductory courses to incorporate more active learning into class sessions.  Biology 13 (“Gene Expression and Inheritance”) is a high enrollment course taken by Biology majors and students who are pursuing the pre-health track.  Tom Jack, Patrick Dolph, Erik Griffin from the Biology Department will discuss the redesign of Biology 13 to incorporate group problem solving into the class sessions.
Register for this session: http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event.php?id=942155

Enjoy your weekend!
Elaine