Greetings-

Next week at DCAL, we have a Know your Copy Rights workshop:

Copyright and Fair Use Guidelines for Teaching, 12:00pm - 1:30pm, Thursday, April 2, 2015
Using Dartmouth’s new guidelines for use of copyrighted materials for teaching, librarians and instructional designers will work with faculty to explore questions such as:  How can I know if my use of copyrighted materials for teaching falls under 'Fair Use'?  Is it OK to post PDFs of articles, chapters, or video materials in my Canvas site, and how much can I post?  I want some – but not all – of my Canvas website to be publicly available -- is this possible?  We will also apply other tools such as best practices in Fair Use for different kinds of materials and Creative Commons licensed materials.  Bring your own questions and examples.
Lunch will be provided, please register for this session here: http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event.php?id=942153

There will be many more events DCAL this term, please take a look at the attached DCALendar for more information.

Enjoy your weekend-
Elaine

To unsubscribe from the DCAL-GROUP-LIST list, click the following link:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=DCAL-GROUP-LIST