> On 2015 Mar 10, at 10:13, Gary Scott <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Beverly

> If I have a table listing 50 product, and one column in the table shows a web link to the vendors web site.  The web site is stored in a field named "web" in the database.  I need the user to be able to click on a link in each table row that will take them to the vendors web site, and I would like the vendors web site to open in a new window if possible
>
> 1.  Would I create a new column in the table containing  <a href="[FMP-field:link]">[FMP-field:linktitle]</a>
> 2.  If the web address is stored in a Filemaker field named "web", would the following sample be a correct format?:

I’m not competent to discuss how this would work on the web, but my own approach, which works for a FileMaker Pro database operating directly on a computer (or as a guest on a networked installation), is to have a “See” button right next to the URL field which opens a new “Floating Document” window onto a Web Viewer object that takes its value from a global field into which the “See” button has inserted the URL on the way there.

The “See” button used to check to determine if it needed to prepend the character string “http://“ to the front of the URL if it wasn’t already there, but that seems not to be necessary any more.

Richard S. Russell
2642 Kendall Av. #2, Madison  WI  53705-3736
http://richardsrussell.livejournal.com/

You like your Macintosh better than me, don't you, Dave?

— HAL 9000