We have heard feedback from faculty that the original Gateway Initiative proposal deadline for submission was too short, and therefore we want everyone to know that we plan to be flexible as to when the proposals come in.

The initial deadline was driven by the need to start planning redesign efforts for any 2015 Summer Term courses, and I’d encourage any faculty teaching larger enrollment Summer Term courses that they’d like considered for the Gateway program to submit a proposal as soon as possible.  For courses slated to run after the 2015 Summer Term we would like to extend the deadline out to Monday, March 30th.

The Gateway Call for Proposals (see attachment) also contains brief descriptions of the redesign efforts that the initial faculty recipients have undertaken.  These descriptions may help your colleagues wrap their heads around the possibilities with the Gateway program.

Primarily, we would like to identify the large-enrollment courses that would most benefit from the resources available through the Gateway program. These courses can be any of your larger-enrollment courses that are slotted to run in the next 2 years.

We are eager to be a good partner to your department and your faculty, and any ideas or assistance you can provide in helping us achieve that goal would be greatly appreciated.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or suggestions, and please extend this invitation to your colleagues as well.

Yours, Josh

Joshua Kim
Director, Digital Learning Initiatives

To unsubscribe from the DCAL-GROUP-LIST list, click the following link:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=DCAL-GROUP-LIST