HEY DMBC!

So funny story, once upon a time I didn’t know how to mountain bike and then I got put on Oak Hill Croo and ended up teaching first-year students how to mountain bike. It was a super fly time and part of what made it awesome was that I learned a ton and got to meet a whole bunch of wonderful people, and part of it was also just that I was learning how to mountain bike. So if you’re on this list and don’t really mountain bike, I would encourage you to apply for Trips because it’s a great way to learn, and if you’re on this list and you’re already a badass awesome mountain biker, I would also encourage you to apply because people like me can’t learn without people like you!

For realsies though, to be an awesome trips volunteer you just need to care about making first-year students feel comfortable and welcome at Dartmouth, and all of you would rock at that. Hit me up if you have any questions!

-Jamie

APPLY FOR DOC FIRST-YEAR TRIPS!

If you have a genuine interest in making the newest members of the Dartmouth community feel welcomed, supported, and included, we encourage you to apply for DOC First Year Trips!

NO experience is required to be involved with Trips -- you don't need to be outdoorsy, loud, funny, in love with Dartmouth, or even have gone on a first-year trip to welcome the Class of 2019. We want anyone and everyone to apply! We offer a wide variety of trip types, and we'll provide you with training to make sure you feel prepared for your role. All you need is a desire to build a stronger, more cohesive community at Dartmouth.

Apply Online for Trip Leader and/or Croo: http://doc-trips.herokuapp.com/applications/apply

Applications are due Monday March 23rd by 5pm EST. For more information on being a volunteer and the application process check out this AWESOME informational video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFgeNoaM9ig

More information can be found on our website: http://outdoors.dartmouth.edu/firstyear/

Want to see a new trip offered? Great, because this year you have the opportunity to design a new first-year trip! The Design a Trip Application is attached and is due by email to [log in to unmask] before 5 pm (EST) on Monday March 23rd. We want to hear your cool, innovative ideas, and if selected you could lead a trip that you designed!

Love,
     DOC Trips Directorate 2015

P.S. Questions? Want to learn more about the program? Stop by our information table in Collis on Monday March 2nd between 11:00 am and 3:30 pm. Also, feel free to email us at [log in to unmask] with any questions.

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
--Dr. Seuss

DOC First-Year Trips Program
Dartmouth College
Robinson Hall 103